Artist: Rick and Janet Nicholson of Nicholson Blown Glass
Medium: Blown Glass
Rick and Janet’s dedication to glass blowing is evident in the excellent quality of their work. The emphasis in their small studio is on creativity and innovation. Each piece is a free-hand expression of the excitement and risk-taking found in an experimental glassblowing studio.
Following his university education, Rick Nicholson operated a pottery studio full time in southern California from 1974 to 1981. Janet left her photography job in 1979 to freelance and create designs on Rick’s clay forms. They were married the same year, and their artistic collaboration began. By 1982, they were called to concentrate on glass alone and settled on 9 acres in Auburn, California.
Their work involves figurative sculpture, sculptural lighting and multiple piece wall and ceiling installations. Many works have been commissioned for hotels and private residences internationally. Rick’s studies in metals, hot sculpting and glass casting have allowed the work to expand.
Come browse our original collection of Nicholson Glass – one of the world’s most famous glass artists. Our fine art consultants will be able to help you select the piece of fine art that is perfect for your home or office. To see more from Nicholson Glass, please visit our fine art gallery in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Gold Award of Excellence in Glass, Artstock, Loomis, California, 2010
- First Place Craft, Jurors’ Award, KVIE Art Auction, Sacramento, California, 1995-10
- White House Christmas ornament, 1995, 1997
- Ritz Carlton, Naples, Florida
- The Westin Phoenix Downtown, Phoenix
- Loyola Medicine, Burr Ridge, Ilinois
- BMI lobby, New York, New York
- The 4 Points Hotel, Guangzhou, China
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Building, Roseville, California
- The Ritz Carlton Hotel, Shenzhen, China
- Hunton, Williams Law Firm, Dallas
- Weil, Gotschal & Manges International Law Firm, Dallas
- The Residences, The Ritz Carlton, Philadelphia
- Shangri-La Hotels, Shanghai and Beijing, China
- SOFA – Chicago, 2005-2006